To meet criteria for selection, applicants must:
- Live or work in Pasco County.
- Have the commitment and motivation to utilize their leadership abilities for the long-term benefit of Pasco County.
- Have full support of the organization, corporation or company they represent.
- Have a commitment to community diversity.
- Have a desire and willingness to participate in key volunteer and/or appointed leadership roles related to important issues facing the community.
- Have a commitment to play a personal role in helping to shape Pasco County's future.
Attendance and Travel Requirements
All-day Sessions (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) are held monthly September through May, as follows:
|| Orientation Reception
| September (2 Days)
|| Bus Tour & Team Building
|| Criminal Justice
|| Infrastructure & Growth Management
| January (2 Days, Overnight Experience)
|| SIMSOC (overnight)
|| Leadership In Action
|| Government & Graduation
Sessions are held at various locations throughout Pasco County and surrounding counties. Each session is planned and coordinated by a team of Leadership Pasco alumni members. All activities of Leadership Pasco and the Leadership Pasco Alumni Organization are conducted by volunteer members. Leadership Pasco also enjoys the sponsorship of numerous businesses and organizations throughout the County. This financial and in-kind support is an invaluable contribution to the success of the program, and participants are encouraged to express their appreciation.
Attendance for the September 2-day Bus Tour and Team Building Sessions in January is required. Participants may miss no more than two days (or 16 hours) of the scheduled seminars, as all plans and reservations are made on the basis of 100% attendance. Those who miss more than 16 hours of seminar time will not graduate with classmates. Tuition fee is non-refundable.
If you are unable to make this commitment, it is not in your best interest to apply at this time.
Class Project, Fundraising, and Alumni Event meetings are at the discretion of the class. These meetings may be conducted at the end of a class day, and/or on another day as chosen by the class members. It will be the responsibility of the class to schedule and encourage participation of such meetings to ensure the success of the class project, fundraising, and class sponsored alumni event.
ONE HUNDRED PERCENT ATTENDANCE IS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED AND EXPECTED.
All applications are subject to confirmation by the Leadership Pasco Board of Directors. If you are not selected to participate in this Leadership Pasco series, you are invited to resubmit your application at a future date.
TuitionThe Leadership Pasco Program cost per participant is $1,000.
This amount is payable by August 1st. If payment is not received, the participant may be asked to withdraw. The fee covers the course materials, SIMSOC book, cost of meals, some transportation and facilities and speakers related to the seminars. The tuition paid for the Leadership Pasco Program may be tax deductible as a business expense; consult your tax advisor.
Cancellation & Transfer PolicyThe cost of the Adult Leadership Pasco Program is non-refundable.
The funds will be applied to enrollment in future Leadership Pasco programs. The program fee is transferable, pending the approval of the Recruiting Chair, Recruiting Committee and Board of Directors. The transfer is subject to the acceptance and the decisions of the committee. If transfer is not accepted, the funds will be applied to enrollment in future Leadership Pasco programs.
Partial scholarship tuition may be available for non-profit organizations. If a scholarship is needed, the participant should indicate so on the application form.
If a scholarship is awarded, in exchange for that award the participant is asked to pick up additional Current Class duties such as historian, photographer, newsletter liaison, correspondent, or website liaison.
- Deadline to submit applications for the class year (August to May) is due June 1 - Apply today! (Applications after June 1 will be for the following year)
- All applications will be reviewed by Recruitment Committee from mid-June to mid-July.
- Applicants will be contacted with decision by mid-July.
- Tuition Payments are always due by Orientation (mid-August).